Rivergums Primary School has established a dress code for all students attending the school that took effect from 2016. Students are expected to wear school uniform and acceptance of the dress code is assumed upon enrolment at Rivergums Primary School.
The Rivergums Primary School community believes a school dress code:
- fosters and enhances the public image of the school;
- assists in building school and team spirit;
- allows quick identification of our students and promotes a safer school environment;
- ensures students are safely dressed for specific school activities;
- promotes equity amongst students;
- instils pride in personal presentation; and
- fosters an understanding amongst students that being suitably groomed is an expectation of any future workplace.
Adherence to the Dress Code
Students not following the dress code will:
- be counselled by a designated staff member on the benefits of a dress code;
- have their parent or carer contacted to ensure that the family is aware of the dress code and to discuss why the student is not in school uniform;
- receive assistance/support in obtaining suitable clothing, if necessary; and may be given a pass for an agreed length of time for dress modification;
- may be denied the opportunity to represent their school at official school activities, which include choir, sporting activities and non-compulsory excursions.
Students who, for religious or health reasons, may wish to apply for an exemption or modification to the school dress code are required to make an appointment with the Principal. Staff will be informed of any student granted an exemption or modification to the dress code.
Availability of Dress Code Items
All items of school uniform have the school logo and can only be purchased through the school uniform shop. Non – conforming items regardless of their colour match are not acceptable. Students whose families experience financial difficulties regarding the purchase of a uniform should contact the School Registrar to discuss their options.
Dress Code Uniform Requirements:
Parents are asked to ensure that all clothing is clearly marked with their child’s name.